Monday 27 October 2014

Review: The 100 by Kass Morgan



 My Review:
   I just recently read, "The 100" by Kass Morgan.  Set in a futuristic world where humans have been forced to live in ships in outer space due to radioactive poisoning that destroyed life as we know it on planet Earth.  Many years later after a fatal stunt, 100 delinquents are chosen to do what no one else has ever done.  They must travel down to Earth as an experiment to see if Earth can be recolonized.
 
 The story revolves around four characters perspectives and with every chapter comes a flashback. These two things combined can be disorientating but the flashbacks remain crucial to the story. The hamartia {fatal flaw} of this book for me was in fact the romance. After reading the synopsis and even watching the promo’s for the TV show I was pumped and ready for an action packed thriller that would keep me begging for more so I was rather disappointed when it wasn’t.  Often I found the story dragging on a bit so a good elaborate plot twist at about the middle of the book would have been god for readers like me just so we don’t lose interest.  For those who get bored easily this is not the book for you.
     If you read a lot you there are only so many times you enjoy the same plot, romance development etc… It’s always nice to find a book that offers you something new. The spaceship was in fact a first for me but something got lost along the way and that to me was the building of anticipation. If you read the synopsis you understand that these kids are going to earth but I wanted to know more about their society, how cruel their world might have been, why those 100 kids and why not others, how much different was their society? I felt like I was being rushed into going to earth without having an understanding of where these kids are coming from.
  However If you enjoy books like James Dashner’s “The Maze Runner” or “Gone” by Michael Grant then this is the book for you. If you are looking for an edge of your seat thriller I would defiantly not recommend this book. Ultimately it was a good book and will appeal to different people; it just didn’t click for me.
By: Teen Reviewer Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment